The decision to sell a home can be a very difficult one. Sometime folks sell a home in which they have raised their family and it's tough emotionally on the family to think of selling their treasured home. The home could have been the person's first home or it may be the last home the person will ever own. The home could be an investment property or could be part of an estate that heirs need to sell as effortlessly as possible. Whatever the scenario, we have experienced a wide range of scenarios and have the breadth and depth of experience to expertly advise our clients. Some typical questions sellers ask during a seller consultation are the following:
- Is this a good time to sell?
- What is my home worth and how long will it take to sell?
- What repairs should I do in advance?
- Is staging worth the cost and what can I do to stage the home?
- Zillow, Trulia, or some other website says my home is worth X - is it really worth that?
- How do I sell and buy concurrently and what are some of the risks?
- If I can't sell it, can you help me rent it?
- How are you going to market my home?
- What will my net profit be?
- Do I need to clean out my garage?
- Do I need to paint over that pink colored wall?
- How do showings work?
My extensive experience in project management at IBM has helped me successfully manage the many transactions of clients' properties over the years. Effective and responsive communication is one of the keys of helping folks sell their homes. We do our best to listen carefully to the needs of our clients and we engage business professionals that are good listeners as well. Every seller has a different situation and it's critical that we understand what is important to each client.
If you or someone you know needs a private and thorough seller consultation to discuss a particular situation, I would be delighted to have the opportunity to have a chat!